The students of SIM2 KU Leuven Master Programmes have the chance to do their internships in internationally-known companies and research institutes. The internships are a compulsory component of each of the master programmes. The length and number of ECTS for the internship varies depending on the programme, usually it is at least 20 working days (1 month).
The internships, according to the KU Leuven rules, are unpaid and a contract between the university, student and company has to be signed prior to starting the internship. Additionally, each contract has to be completed with HSE-file (health, safety and environment).
We invite interested companies, which would like to collaborate with SIM2 Master Programmes, to contact respective professors responsible for the internships for each programme (see below).
For general inquiries regarding internships, please contact dr Katarzyna Janusz, details here.
- Chemistry (30 ECTS) – Contact person: prof. Luc Van Meervelt, details here.
- Chemical Engineering (3 or 6 ECTS) – Contact person: Prof. Jan Degrève, details here.
- Geology – Contact person: prof. Jan Elsen, details here.
- Mechanical engineering (3 or 6 ECTS) – Contact person: prof. Herman Bruyninckx, details here.
- Materials Engineering (3 or 6 ECTS) – Contact person: prof. Yiannis Pontikes, details here.
- Sustainable Materials (SUMA) (6 ECTS) – Contact person: prof. Yiannis Pontikes, details here.
Companies and research institutes we are currently working with: Umicore, Metallo, Aperam, MetaLogic, InsPyro, Tessenderlo-Chemie, BASF, Econcore, SCK-CEN, VITO, BAYER, INEOS, Johnson&Johnson, Eastman, Exxon Mobile, AGT, G-TEC, DEME , De Nul, ETEX , Sibelco , Wienerberger ,Tractebel Engineering, McKinsey.