The following topics will be discussed during an interactive training session:
- The parts of a scientific paper
- What are IF and h-index?
- Getting published, and getting cited
- Why do papers get rejected?
- Getting published in Nature, Science, etc.
- Technical writing – some basics
- Technical writing – hyphens and dashes
- Writing an abstract
The trainer is dr Paul McGuiness. He holds a PhD in materials science from the University of Birmingham, after which he worked for industry in the US and at universities and research institutes in the UK, Turkey and Slovenia. He now divides his time between research, consulting and writing proposals, where he specialises in the various Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (MSCAs).
Interested? Contact Piet.Wostyn@kuleuven.be (online registrations are now closed)