Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Corporate R&D
Driving progress through research. Providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Corporate Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development implies that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- You support the further development of your own, as well as the group’s expertise in the R&D activities on the valorization of secondary materials.
- You execute research projects, within a broader research program, ensuring effective execution, taking responsibility for the results, timing and budget.
- With your creativity, you explore new techniques and create new ideas and developments that might contribute to the growth of the competence domain.
- You effectively communicate with all members of the team, including the Business Unit in Hoboken.
- You interact with internal and external customers and stakeholders (research centers, technology providers, suppliers).
- You identify and generate new ideas for patent filing.
- You participate in the drafting of funding files (Vlaio, EU…).
- You take responsibility for environmental, health and safety aspects in your team.
Who we are looking for
- You have a PhD degree in Sciences or Engineering, or equivalent through relevant research experience.
- Experience in the field of concrete technologies is an asset.
- You are driven by scientific and technological challenges.
- You have good internal and external networking skills.
- You stimulate your own and others’ creativity and innovation in science and technology.
- You have a curious nature meaning that you like exploring and learning new things.
- You have strong planning and organization skills and you are result oriented.
- Strong oral and written reporting skills
- Teamwork and open communication are very important to you.
- You are fluent in English and willing to learn Dutch. Knowledge of German is an advantage
- The position is based in Olen with regular visits to the Hoboken plant.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
To apply follow this link