The SIM² KU Leuven governance structure consists of the following organs:
*The SIM² KU Leuven Steering Committee currently consists of
- Dr. Peter Tom Jones (Director KU Leuven Institute for Sustainable Metals and Minerals – SIM² KU Leuven)
- Prof. Bart Blanpain (Department of Materials Engineering)
- Prof. Yiannis Pontikes (Department of Materials Engineering),
- Prof. Karel Van Acker (Department of Materials Engineering and Centre for Economics and Corporate Sustainability & Centre for Economics and Corporate Sustainability),
- Prof. Koen Binnemans (Department of Chemistry)
- Dr. Lieven Machiels (Department of Chemistry, Research Manager),
- Prof. Tom Van Gerven (Department of Chemical Engineering),
- Prof. Philippe Muchez (Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences),
- Prof. Valérie Cappuyns (Centre for Economics and Corporate Sustainability, acts as link to KU Leuven campuses outside Leuven and to University Colleges),
- Dr. Marion Bechtold (MRC coordinator & IOF Innovation Manager).
- Prof. Jef Peeters (TC Mechanical Engineering, Group T Leuven)
The Steercom composition is open for changes depending on key evolutions and opportunities.